The North Santiam Watershed Council is actively helping streamside landowners and land managers restore the ecological processes along
the riparian areas of the North Santiam River and its tributaries!
WHY RIPARIAN RESTORATION?
- Riparian areas help improve water quality by filtering pollutants, such as fertilizers and pesticides from the soil.
- Riparian areas help stabilize stream banks by holding soil in place with their roots.
- Riparian areas help provide fish habitat by adding large, woody debris to streams.
- Riparian areas help provide food and shelter for wildlife.
- Riparian areas create shade to cool water for fish.
- Riparian areas reduce property damage from floods.
- Riparian areas increase opportunities ...